PDA

View Full Version : Wat beteken dit is Afrikaans

Unregistered
03-31-2014, 03:01 PM
A new Expropriation Bill by another name

Media coverage of the Promotion and Protection of Investment Bill of 2013 (the Investment Bill) has focused on its role in replacing South Africaís bilateral investment treaties with various European states. Representatives of these countries have broken their usual diplomatic silence to warn against the reduced protection it gives investors from their states. However, the true significance of the Bill goes very much beyond this.

The Investment Bill is, in fact, a new expropriation measure that will apply to all property owners in South Africa, both local and foreign. It is also likely to result in many people receiving zero compensation on the loss of their property, provided the State takes this, not as owner, but rather as Ďcustodianí for the disadvantaged.
In combination with the Restitution of Land Rights Amendment Bill of 2013, it could see property of many kinds taken by the State as Ďcustodianí for land claimants and without any compensation to its former owners.
Yet most commentary on the Investment Bill has overlooked this risk, helping to lull all property owners into a false sense of security.

A new bill tabled for comment A misleadingly named Promotion and Protection of Investment Bill of 2013 was gazetted by the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) in November last year. The three months allowed for public comment expired at the end of January 2014. Since then, media coverage has been sanguine or absent, helping to obscure the threat posed by the Investment

Tom
03-31-2014, 05:19 PM
Daar is nog n 'wet' uitgevaardig, naamlik grondeise word weer oopgemaak. So die twee loop hand aan hand. Die nuwe eise word ingestel en die staat ontein jou daarvan en word die voog van die grond. Alles baie korrup, maar aan die einde van die dag beteken dit in Afrikaans jou eiendom word sonder vergoeding by jou weg gevat en jy sit met niks.

http://www.politicsweb.co.za/politicsweb/view/politicsweb/en/page71654?oid=582308&sn=Detail&pid=71616

NCOP passes Restitution of Land Rights Amendment Bill

Linda Page

30 March 2014

Dept says reopening of land claims will take place once Bill signed into law by President

National Council of Provinces passes the Restitution of Land Rights Amendment Bill

28 Mar 2014

The Department of Rural Development and Land Reform welcomes the passing of the Restitution of Land Rights Amendment Bill by the National Council of provinces (NCOP). This bill makes changes to the Restitution of Land Rights Act of 1994. It seeks to re-open the window for persons or communities dispossessed of their land after June 1913 due to past discriminatory laws and policies to lodge claims for their properties.

The Bill will now be submitted to the President for signature. The re-opening of lodgement of claims will take place once amendments to the Restitution of Land Rights Act 22 of 1994 have been signed into law by the President.

The department wishes to inform prospective claimants that claims will only be accepted once the amendments and processes referred to above have taken place. Details on how to lodge claims will be published once the amendments to the Restitution Laws have been finalised.

The department also wants to emphasize that application forms for lodging claims will be distributed free of charge to all qualifying South Africans. The public is therefore warned against individuals who approach prospective claimants offering to assist with the lodging of land claims and charging them a fee. Since the public became aware of the possible reopening, a number of such scams have been reported in some of provinces.

Statement issued by Linda Page, Chief Director Communication services, Department of Rural Development and Land Reform, March 30 2014

Unregistered
04-01-2014, 09:53 PM
Die Media rapporteer oor die gryp van grond, van rewolusie en van die naderende dreigende burgeroorlog, hulle haal ook vir Malema aan wat van burgeroorlog praat, ensovoorts... en die Suidlanders haal die weer die hele spulletjie op hulle webtuiste aan. Gelukkig gaan Lukas vir ons hierdie hele toekomstige donker scenario mooi beheer en bestuur. Daaroor is ek oneindig dankbaar.

Lukas
04-01-2014, 11:30 PM
Anoniem. Waarom klink dit vir my of jy nou lekker sarkasties is ? Ek het ongelukkig vir jou slegte nuus. Ek het n vermoede dat hier n lelike ding op pad is en ek glo nie dat iets of iemand dit kan keer nie. Die beste wat ons almal kan probeer om te doen, is om nie betrokke te raak nie.

Op die oomblik lyk die prentjie ietwat donker maar dit is nie so dat n mens met sekerheid n waarborg kan uitreik om te sÍ dat dit wat kom, hierdie jaar of volgende jaar of die jaar daarna gaan gebeur nie. Maar een ding is vir my op hierdie oomblik redelik seker en dit is dat daar op die oomblik dertien faksies is wat teenoor mekaar staan en wat besig is om hulle messe vir n groot geveg te slyp. En nie een van daardie faksies is wit nie en elke faksies het op sy eie die vermoŽ om die regering van die land te bedreig.

Die ander ding wat vir my ook redelik duidelik is, is dat daar niemand is of sal wees wat hierdie dreigende gemors gaan ontlont nie.

Maar soos ek sÍ. Dit is wat ons nou sien maar dit beteken nie dat die sweer nou gaan oopbars nie. Een of ander tyd kan dit wel gebeur. Net so kan die sweer op n wonderbaarlike manier genees word sonder dat ons iets daaraan kan verander. Maar wanneer hierdie sweer gaan oopbars, sal geen mens volgens my, dit lank genoeg voor die tyd kan voorspel nie.

Dis maar net my mening.

Unregistered
04-02-2014, 12:15 AM
Stem saam dat niemand betrokke moet raak nie. Staan liewer terug as Malema eendag jou "bevoorregte, gesteelde, Kolonialistiese" eiendom en besittings gryp..... of verkoop alles en verlaat liewer nou al die land..... Of nee wag.... miskien spring "die man in die pienk Safari pak" iewers in die donker toekoms uit om 'n groot 'band aid' pleister op die groot sweer te plak. Daar is darem 'n glimmertjie van hoop, so hoop almal....

Jannie_
04-02-2014, 08:03 AM
@ 3 & 5 Anonymous Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit since its aim is to belittle or hurt someone, and to laugh at their expense, problem is it always bounces back. Why do you find it necessary to spill your fears here in the form of sarcasm? If you are so sure of yourself and you have the answers why not take your "pienk safari-pak" and go forth and multiply. You clearly have nothing to add other than sarcasm and a condescending aloofness which you may think is clever whilst others see through the disguise and the lonely little man who perpetrates such in an endeavour to seem some sort of authority. My sympathies with your illness may there be a cure in the near future. People on this site see through your post and I am sure evaluate it for what it is; a feeble attempt at entertainment. Should you however have a meaningful solution or some concrete evidence lease share it with the audience.

Lukas
04-03-2014, 03:50 PM
http://www.fin24.com/Economy/Platinum-mines-warn-suppliers-20140402

Platinum mines warn suppliers
Apr 02 2014 20:15 Sapa

Bloemfontein - Lonmin [JSE:LON] has joined Anglo Platinum (Amplats) [JSE:AMS] in sending out force majeure notices to some suppliers of goods and services to its strike-affected operations.

Amplats sent out force majeure notices on Tuesday due to the widening impact of the strike, reported Reuters.
"I can confirm that we have sent force majeure notices to certain suppliers of goods and services," Amplats spokesperson Mpumi Sithole said.
A force majeure notice is used to exempt parties from their contractual obligations, usually due to causes that could not be anticipated or were beyond their control.
Sithole said some of the company's suppliers were able to continue providing goods and services as normal. No force majeure notices had been issued to customers.
Lonmin follows Amplats

SABC radio news reported on Wednesday afternoon that Lonmin also issued force majeure notices to 13 of its suppliers.
"Most of the suppliers are really feeling the impact of the strike because they can't supply the mine with any commodities at this stage because we are not creating orders due to the fact we are not mining anything," Lonmin commodity manager Mpho Mochekela was quoted as saying.

"Also the suppliers that are rendering services to our premises, them as well, we can't really continue business as usual with them because of non-activity... within our operations."
Members of the Association of Mineworkers and Construction Union (Amcu) at Impala Platinum (Implats) [JSE:IMP], Amplats and Lonmin downed tools on January 23 to push for a basic monthly salary of R12 500.
They rejected a wage offer of up to nine percent. The companies, in turn, rejected Amcu's revised demand that the R12 500 could be achieved over four years, saying it was unaffordable.

Lukas
04-03-2014, 03:58 PM
http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/Non-striking-miners-attacked-20140402

Non-striking miners attacked
2014-04-02 19:32

(Picture: AFP)
Johannesburg - A non-striking mineworker was attacked at his home and another had his car set alight in villages near Rustenburg, North West police said on Wednesday.
A 38-year-old man was attacked at his home in Mfidikwe on Tuesday night, police spokesperson Emelda Setlhako said.
The man, a non-striking employee and former Amcu member, worked at Anglo American Platinum's (Amplats) Thembelani shaft in Bleskop.
The man woke up when he heard someone throwing stones at his shack.
"Upon investigation, the victim noticed that his curtains were alight. Three gun shots were allegedly fired at his shack," said Setlhako.
He screamed for help and neighbours came to his rescue.
In a separate incident, a 38-year-old man's car was set alight in Thekwane in the early hours of Tuesday morning.
The man, also an Amplats employee, worked at the company's Siphumele mine.
"The victim was asleep at his place when he realised that his vehicle was on fire. Neighbours managed to extinguish the fire but the vehicle had already been damaged," said Setlhako.
No arrests had been made in either incident and police were investigating cases of attempted murder, arson, and malicious damage to property.
Setlhako said striking and non-striking workers were urged to respect the rule of law.
Association of Mineworkers and Construction Union (Amcu) members at Lonmin, Amplats, and Impala Platinum downed tools on 23 January to push for a basic monthly salary of R12 500. They had so far rejected a wage increase of up to nine percent.
The companies, in turn, rejected Amcu's revised demand that the R12 500 could be achieved over four years.
Last week, mining bosses said the strike had caused irreparable harm, and had caused an estimated R10bn in revenue to be lost.
- SAPA
Comment on this story
24 comments

Paljas Paljassie - April 2, 2014 at 19:41
Report commentComments Policy
This is so unfair. Shows you that people has no respect for others. The union should be kept responsible for these two men's losses. Its time that working communities stand up against the strikers who intimidate hard working citizens who contribute to the economy.
Reply to Paljas Paljassie | 1 comment(hide)

Leonardb1 - April 2, 2014 at 20:14
Will the farcelam commission take note,please.
The crazy miners caused the death of their comrades and will now try to take out those the police missed.
This country is in ruins thanks to anc rule and the damn unions.
A very good idea,shut them both down before it is too late.

John McBurn - April 2, 2014 at 19:42
Amagundwane
Reply to John McBurn

John Lee - April 2, 2014 at 19:57
I have lost whatever little sympathy I had for the strikers. F!ck em. Close down the mines and let them suffer. I hope those who were working all this time find new jobs. Let the Chinese bring their workers. I'm just glad that in generations to come, people will not talk about the european (white) colonialist, enslaving African people. The red army is coming, welcome to the Chinese empire. Your new masters.

They carry on about not wanting to be slaves. Yet they follow Mathungwa blindly, like a bunch of (brain dead) zombies. Mathungwa cares absolutely nothing about the miners. He only wants to get back at NUM and the ANC for side-lining him all those years ago.

I feel for the poor children and families who go hungry, because their delusional fathers (and mothers) think they are fighting some liberation struggle.
Reply to John Lee

Rofhiwa Ronald - April 2, 2014 at 20:01
the combrades slogan says an injury to one is an injury to all remember if u don't partcipate ur the target period!!
Reply to Rofhiwa Ronald | 3 comments(hide)

Johan Schoeman - April 2, 2014 at 20:20
What happened to the freedom Mr. Mandela fouhght for? Freedom of speach and the individual rights? People decide for you what you should do or not. Sorry that is not right because then there is nob individual rights and we moving back to aparheid where the choices are for you.

Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat - April 3, 2014 at 07:12
Rofhiwa, you're a criminal.

Gerald Parker - April 3, 2014 at 08:55
Which union has that slogan certainly not AMCU so what are you on about.
Tell this is Mathungwa not working? According to your reasoning he should also be on strike as should all of AMCU members including the executive. they tell you to strike and not get paid but they carry on working and get their salary.

Khutso Bokaba - April 2, 2014 at 20:04
Inciting violence.. A Marikana strategy aimed at killing innocent lives so that the government and the employees can make sacrifices
Reply to Khutso Bokaba

Andre Kritzinger - April 2, 2014 at 20:10
A right to strike and a right not to strike.
Reply to Andre Kritzinger

Searcher SA - April 2, 2014 at 20:18
Close these Amplats mines, they had marginal profits anyway.
A hard lesson only needs to be learnt once by these unions and forthwith will follow their weakening and demise, they have stagnated job creation and economic growth.
Reply to Searcher SA | 1 comment(hide)

Lynette de Bruin - April 3, 2014 at 07:35
I don't think anyone realises how far reaching these strikes are. If they just 'close' the shafts, Rustenburg will turn into a ghost town. My mother, father, many friends and myself would be out of a job. Its not that easy and not fair and we don't even work directly for Amplats.

Geoff Skelton - April 2, 2014 at 21:34
too much political interference in this strike otherwise it would have been settled a long time ago.
Reply to Geoff Skelton

Zuki Hlubi RalaRala - April 2, 2014 at 21:49
I blame amcu and the stupid joseph mathunjwa , they will kill more people with that fat cat daili mpofu
Reply to Zuki Hlubi RalaRala

Altus Kirsten - April 2, 2014 at 23:36
Dog eat dog?
Reply to Altus Kirsten | 2 comments(hide)

Tracey Freer Meredith - April 3, 2014 at 01:05
Are you a resident of Rustenburg Altus, and/or an employee or wife/husband of an employee on one of the three mines? I am and your comment to me is callous to say the least. There are many people who wish to return to work as well as the same amount of people in our town who have businesses reliant on the mining industry who are either closing or retrenching. These people are known to me and some of them close friends of mine.

Lynette de Bruin - April 3, 2014 at 07:41
I agree, Rustenburg has never been this tense and quiet, not even the shopping centres are busy. People are selling their houses and cars to survive. Its scary and very unfair to see the town I grew up in go down the drain because of a Union.

Mpho Mokhachane - April 3, 2014 at 02:01
If there is as much as R10bn at stake, why not give the poor miners what they need? I dont understand how you pay someone cents for digging out gold and plat
Reply to Mpho Mokhachane | 4 comments(hide)

Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat - April 3, 2014 at 07:15
They can't. And they won't. Because, even if they do, the miners never honour an agreement. Next year they will be striking for R15000.

Abolish the union, let the mine fire them and appoint some of the 46% of people who don't have work. Then they too can earn more than 75% of the population like rock drillers do currently...

Longile Bongani - April 3, 2014 at 07:23
This is the issue. The striking miners are too simple to understand they actually are already getting a very good wage in relation to their productivity. Let them all go home. Its really simple, they go back to work, or they go home and stay there.

Nigel van Ysendyk - April 3, 2014 at 10:21
their demands are unreasonable, thousands of miners will loose their jobs, this is thanks to Mathunjwa & Malema for using workers for their own gain.

Lols Jorries - April 3, 2014 at 10:27
Mpho you don't know what you are talking about! If the top 3 give into AMCU's demands they will have to retrench atleast 50% of the work force anyhow! The R10b is Revenue not Profit! The longer people with your mentally exists in this country the faster it will become a second Zimbabwe! If an iliterate miner without grade 12 and basic english skills can earn R12500 after tax, medical aid, pension contributions, UIF & other statutory deductions then what about the people with actual qualifications should they then earn R100k per month!

John Smith - April 3, 2014 at 03:24
"Setlhako said striking and non-striking workers were urged to respect the rule of law."

You cant have a striking worker, or an absent attendee, or a speeding parked car, its just workers or strikers.
Reply to John Smith

Trev Kitchen - April 3, 2014 at 03:46
..screwed up nation...